December 12, the global update of our favorite player “Potplayer” 1.7.16291. In this patch, two innovations were added and many bugs fixed. In addition, several improvements have been made to the functions of the player.
What’s new in 1.7.16291?
- Added online subtitles database tab into browser window
- Added the ability to keep playback speed changes
- Improved playback of HTTP streams
- Improved the option “remember playback positions within a playlist” so that it can be set individually in each playlist
- Improved subtitle searching to match the video
- Improved speed of loading skin files
- Fixed an issue that prevents to create thumbnail image when Bluesky Frame Rate Converter is used
- Fixed an issue that aspect ratio was abnormal when rotate function is used
- Fixed a problem where some MP4 files were playing fast
- Fixed a problem where styles in certain SSA/ASS subtitle files was incorrectly parsed
- Fixed a problem that can not play WMV/ASF files on certain PCs
- Fixed a problem that occurs when playing certain MKV files
- Fixed an issue where times in certain SRT subtitle files was incorrectly handled